Giving thanks for:
- My early morning walk, where for the first two miles I get my "ya-ya's" out and then during the second half I see more clearly, notice birds, sky, and trees, feeling the air on my face, and discovering forgiveness, gratitude and joy in my heart.
- Barack and Michelle Obama.
- Loving my siblings and mama: for their working so hard to understand and accept me these past seven years or so, and for their hanging in there with me through some painful times.
- Our glorious Thanksgiving meal that Tom creates, slowly, surely, with grace and love of really good food.
- Music from Gilad's talented soul through piano, or bass guitar, ringing through our home once more, where it has been so silent these past long months without him.
- The saved hibiscus that keeps right on blooming day after day since it was saved.
- And … finally … my good friend, Ilene, who sent me the following list of things to talk about at Thanksgiving for dysfunctional family functions …
- What song brings up the happiest memories for you?
- If you were a car, what kind would you be?
- If you were given a thousand dollars with the rule that you couldn’t spend it on yourself, what would you do with it?
- What was the best day of your life so far?
- If you could change places with a celebrity, who would it be and why?
- If you could go to a fancy restaurant and price were no object, where would you go and what would you order?
- What is the best way to cheer you up when you’re down?
- What is the one thing you’ve done in your life that you are proudest of?
- What was your favorite childhood game or toy? (For kids – What is it now?)
- If you formed a band, what would you name it? What kind of music would you play?
- If you had the choice of a day: Would you rather choose a day 10 years ago or a day 10 years from now?
- If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
- If you could live somewhere else for a year, where would you go?
- If you knew you were going to spend a year in a science station in Antarctica, what 3 things would you most want to take with you to do when you weren’t working?
- What do you think is the secret to staying young at heart?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Do you remember why? (For kids: What do you think you’d like to be and why?)
- What bargain would you love to find on eBay or at a garage sale?
- What do you really, really hope someone will invent soon?
- If someone gave you a gift certificate for a tattoo, what would you get and where would you put it?
- Which would you rather be: A famous athlete, a great singer, or an important politician?
Happy days ahead to one and all. I give thanks for all my readers, whoever you are, out there!